Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Review: Chronicles of the Invaders

 The Chronicles of the Invaders trilogy by John Connolly and Jennifer Ridyard


I have read John Connolly’s Charlie Parker novels for years.  Those are crime / suspense / with a touch of Dean Koontz supernatural thrown in.  John is from Ireland.  His partner, Jennifer Ridyard is British born but grew up in South Africa; currently she resides with John in Ireland.


So when I saw a Sci-Fi series by Connolly I was intrigued.







The three books are:


1. Conquest - it revolves around an alien species conquering Earth and the resistance that                   forms


2. Empire - the focus shifts somewhat to a split among the Aliens and an uneasy alliance between Earth resistance and some factions of the Alien Invaders against the                            other ruling faction; and 


3. Dominion - the finale.  I won’t tell you how it ends.


The trilogy was an interesting and entertaining read.  I won’t say they are my favorite Sci-fi book series I’ve read but they certainly are not the worst.  There are elements of overcoming prejudices, building trust, deception and betrayals, and love / romance.  


If you enjoy action, suspense, romance and Sci-fi all thrown together, then you will probably enjoy this trilogy.


They are a departure from the normal books one expects from John Connolly but not an unpleasant departure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

Reading the World - Best Books - Pulitzer Prize for Fiction

 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction 1918 - 2020 Who are my readers? How many of the Pulitzer Award Winning Fiction books have you read? I'm at...