Monday, April 19, 2021

"On the Run" series by Gordon Korman

 On the Run series by Gordon Korman


This is a hexology young adult series about a young brother and sister whose parents are in jail.  The 2 youngsters travel the US trying to prove their parents innocence.  It’s not realistic but it’s not designed to be.  It’s designed to be fast paced and interesting which it is.


It’s start reminds me of Holes by Louis Sachar and other parts remind me of Runaway by Wendell Van Draanen.  I recommend both books and authors.


I love reading Young Adult genre and try to read some Newbery Award books each year (slowly try to read all the winners).  Many of my all time favorite books are YA.  


The 6 books of this series in order are:


1. Chasing the Falconers

2. The Fugitive Factor

3. Now you See Them, Now You Don’t

4. The Stowaway Solution

5. Public Enemies

6. Hunting the Hunter


All of the books are short (relatively) and didn’t take long to read.


If you have children who like adventure stories, whether they like to read or not, this series may appeal to them.  It seems like the author was simply extending the story after the first 2 and the ending wasn't the most credible.   I’d say the first 2 books are the best and the others not as “tight” but still enjoyable reading.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

Reading the World - Best Books - Pulitzer Prize for Fiction

 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction 1918 - 2020 Who are my readers? How many of the Pulitzer Award Winning Fiction books have you read? I'm at...