Sunday, February 14, 2021

Who is your favorite Author that isn't British or American?

 I read a lot of books.  I am a verified bookworm.  How much of a bookworm?  I have an account at Goodreads .  It shows that in 2019, I read 106 books totalling 37,681 pages.  In 2020, the number of books completed fell to 100 but the pages increased to 40,583.  So far in 2021, I've read 26 books and 11,173 pages.  So in the past 25 1/2 months, I have completed 232 books and 89,437 pages.  Note - Covid19 has been responsible for me having time to read in 2020 and so far in 2021.

I largely read books today using my Kindle.  I'm one of those people who may have several books that I am reading switching between them.  Currently I think I have 9 books ongoing.  Let's face it, some books are easier to read than others.  And some times we are in the mood where we can read a book that requires thought and sometimes we just want to read something exciting even if it doesn't make sense logically.

My goal for 2021 is to finish reading the BBC The Big Read Top 100 or the Modern Library's Best 100 Novels of the 20th Century READERS List    or both.  I've read 93 of the Modern Library 100 and 90 of the BBC 100.

I have a Google Drive page that has my book lists.  Here is the link: Tim's Best Book Lists


BUT for now, I am interested in expanding my foreign author reading.  Since I am from the USA, I have probably read mostly American Authors.  A couple of years ago, I discovered a blog - A Year of Reading the World  and I am now in the process of taking their blog and seeing if I can read a book from every country as well - no idea how long that will take.

So I will try to review the books I have read recently (past few years) to identify which countries the authors are from for which I have already read books.  Currently I know I have read books by authors from:

Afghanistan
Australia
Belgium
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Brazil
Canada
Chile
China
Colombia
Denmark
Dominica
Egypt
France 
Germany
Iceland
Ireland
Jamaica  in progress
Japan
Mexico
Nigeria
Russia
Sweden 
Trinidad and Tobago
UK and 
USA

That is 25 Countries that I am aware of that I have read at least 1 book written by an author from that nation or locality. 

So any recommended Non-US, Non-UK, Non-Canadian authors?  Books that are written in or translated into English?

My goodreads account is https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/22491910-tim-new

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

Reading the World - Best Books - Pulitzer Prize for Fiction

 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction 1918 - 2020 Who are my readers? How many of the Pulitzer Award Winning Fiction books have you read? I'm at...