Monday, February 15, 2021

My reading in 2020

 I have started reviewing the 100 books I read in 2020 to see which authors I read and information about them. It appears I read books written by 52 different authors.  I alphabetized the list and started looking at where they were from and their gender.

The first 28 authors broke down as:

19 authors from the United States with 13 different States represented.  A couple of the authors were actually born abroad and one, Cassandra Clare appears to have moved around the world with her parents so I don't have a state assigned to her.  One of the 19 was Native American belonging to one of the Lakota Tribes (Sioux).

4 Authors were British, 2 were Irish, 2 were Irish and one was born in Cyprus but one parent is British.  I tentatively have them listed as being from Cyprus.  

Of those first 28, 20 were male and 8 female.

My mix of reading material in 2020 came from the BBC Big Read Top 200 list, Modern Library Best Novels of the 20th Century List, Goodread Best Authors and miscellaneous.

I plan to finish the statistics on 2020 but also look at 2019 and of course 2021.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

Reading the World - Best Books - Pulitzer Prize for Fiction

 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction 1918 - 2020 Who are my readers? How many of the Pulitzer Award Winning Fiction books have you read? I'm at...